David B. Adams, Ph.D., ABPP, FAACP
Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP)
Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology
Fellow, Academy of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
Fellow, American Psychological Association
Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy
Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology
National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice)
Atlanta Medical Psychology
5555 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road at Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
The intersection of Northside, Emory Saint Joseph and Scottish Rite Hospitals
Atlanta Clinical Psychologist (ABPP)
Dr. David B. Adams, board certified in clinical psychology.
A license to practice does not necessarily mean that a doctor is board certified in his/her profession. Board certification can be an important consideration. The Board of Professional Psychology can provide you with a list of ABPP psychologist in your locale. Look for "ABPP" following Ph.D. Read more about board certification. and about the American Board of Professional Psychology:
Since 1985, Dr. Adams has directed Atlanta Medical Psychology, a solo, private practice for adult patients with anxiety, depressive, trauma, pain and sexual disorders. Dr. Adams is a Fellow of the Academy of Clinical Psychology, a Life Fellow of the Academy of Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, and a Life Fellow of the American Psychological Association. He is a Distinguished Practitioner Emeritus of the National Academies of Practice in Psychology.
Dr. Adams is a consulting psychologist and psychotherapist. He diagnoses and treats adults with anxiety, depression, pain, trauma and sexual disorders. Dr. Adams also provides pre-surgical evaluation of pain patients seeking spinal stimulator, pump implantation and patients seeking bariatric surgeries. These procedures require that a patient be psychologically evaluated prior to the surgical procedure.
Atlanta Medical Psychology is located in Suite 251 of The Medical Quarters at 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, NE. Atlanta, GA 30242. (Phone: 404-252-6454) Dr. David B. Adams is in solo practice. Your insurance carrier will be confirm whether Dr. Adams is on their panel of approved providers.
MARTA, Scottish Rite Children's, Northside and Emory St. Joseph's Hospitals are within walking distance. Pharmacy and cafe are located within The Medical Quarters. Please keep in mind that this is a solo practice, and you will be scheduled as appointment times become available. Your insurance carrier will be able to tell you if Dr. Adams is on their panel of approved providers.
The Psychologist Practice
Dr. David B. Adams treats adults in the areas of:
- Depressive Disorders
- BiPolar Disorders
- Stress & Trauma Related Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (Chronic Pain)
- Conversion Disorder (Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder)
- Sexual Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders (occupation, marital and family)
- Pre-surgical and implant trial approval
Reviews on Google+
- Anxious about the news? Our top tips on how to cope January 16, 2020
- Five-year Pain Intensity and Treatment Trajectories of Post-9/11 Veterans with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury January 22, 2020 Kangwon Song, Chen-Pin Wang, Donald D. McGeary, Carlos A. Jaramillo, Blessen C. Eapen, Megan Amuan, Cindy A. McGeary, Jennifer S. Potter, Mary Jo V. Pugh
- Older adults who drink tea are less likely to be depressed January 19, 2020A new study examines the link between drinking tea and lower rates of depression in older Chinese adults, revealing the characteristics of tea drinkers.