David B. Adams, Ph.D., FAACP, FAPM
Board Certified in Clinical Psychology (ABPP)
Fellow, American Academy of Clinical Psychology
Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
Fellow, American Psychological Association
Fellow, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy
Distinguished Practitioner - Emeritus - National Academies of Practice in Psychology
Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (Interjurisdictional Practice)
Diplomate, Academy of Integrative Pain Management
Atlanta Medical Psychology
5555 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road at Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
The intersection of Northside, Emory Saint Joseph and Scottish Rite Hospitals
Clinical Psychologist, Board Certified
Dr. David B. Adams is a board certified Atlanta Psychologist. Since 1985, he has directed Atlanta Medical Psychology, a solo, private practice for adult patients with anxiety, depressive, trauma, pain and sexual disorders. Dr. Adams is a Fellow of the Academy of Clinical Psychology, a Fellow of the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine and a Diplomate of the Academy of Integrative Pain Management.
Dr. Adams also provides insurance-required evaluation of pain patients seeking spinal stimulator, pump implantation and patients seeking bariatric surgeries. Since 1985, he has treated Georgia injured workers (workers' compensation).
Dr. Adams' care is covered under most healthcare plans. If you would like an initial consultation, please click on "Request Appointment." Physicians, nurses, Human Resources and law firms should use the "Request Consultation" button.
Atlanta Medical Psychology is located in Suite 251 of The Medical Quarters at 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, NE. Atlanta, GA 30242. (Phone: 404-252-6454; FAX: 404-851-9286.) The building is located at the corner of Peachtree-Dunwoody Road and Johnson Ferry Road. It is one-half mile from I-285 and Georgia 400. MARTA, Scottish Rite Children's, Northside and Emory St. Joseph's Hospitals are within walking distance. Pharmacy and cafe are located within The Medical Quarters.
Dr. David B. Adams treats adults in the areas of:
- Depressive Disorders
- BiPolar Disorders
- Stress & Trauma Related Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (Chronic Pain)
- Conversion Disorder (Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder)
- Sexual Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders (occupation, marital and family)
- Pre-surgical and implant trial approval
- Injury and Workers’ Compensation
- Fitness for Duty
Reviews on Google+
Case Management Updates
Weekly blog on treating patients with work related injury, including pain and depression.
Doctors, nurses, attorneys, employers and insurers subscribe to this blog. Topics include when to refer to a psychologist, and how to provide effective care.
- Age differences in the time-course and magnitude of changes in circulating neuropeptides following pain evocation in humans April 28, 2017 Joseph L. Riley, Yenisel Cruz-Almeida, Margarete C. Dasilva Ribeiro, Corey B. Simon, Nathan R. Eckert, Maria Aguirre, Heather L. Sorenson, Patrick J. Tighe, Robert R. Edwards, Shannon M. Wallet
- Growing body of evidence supports use of mind-body therapies in breast cancer treatment April 27, 2017In newly updated clinical guidelines from the Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO), researchers at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health and the Herbert Irving Comprehensive...